Generic Node base class for all workers that run on hosts.
- class Launcher¶
- class Service(host, binary, topic, manager, report_interval=None, periodic_interval=None, periodic_fuzzy_delay=None, service_name=None, coordination=False, cluster=None, *args, **kwargs)¶
Service object for binaries running on hosts.
A service takes a manager and enables rpc by listening to queues based on topic. It also periodically runs tasks on the manager and reports it state to the database services table.
Perform basic config checks before starting service.
- classmethod create(host=None, binary=None, topic=None, manager=None, report_interval=None, periodic_interval=None, periodic_fuzzy_delay=None, service_name=None, coordination=False, cluster=None, **kwargs)¶
Instantiates class and passes back application object.
host – defaults to CONF.host
binary – defaults to basename of executable
topic – defaults to bin_name - ‘cinder-’ part
manager – defaults to CONF.<topic>_manager
report_interval – defaults to CONF.report_interval
periodic_interval – defaults to CONF.periodic_interval
periodic_fuzzy_delay – defaults to CONF.periodic_fuzzy_delay
cluster – Defaults to None, as only some services will have it
Tasks to be run at a periodic interval.
Update the state of this service in the datastore.
Reset a service in case it received a SIGHUP.
- service_id = None¶
Start a service.
Stop a service.
graceful – indicates whether to wait for all threads to finish or terminate them instantly
Wait for a service to shut down.
- class WSGIService(name, loader=None)¶
Provides ability to launch API from a ‘paste’ configuration.
Reset server greenpool size to default.
Start serving this service using loaded configuration.
Also, retrieve updated port number in case ‘0’ was passed in, which indicates a random port should be used.
Stop serving this API.
Wait for the service to stop serving this API.
- serve(server, workers=None)¶
- setup_profiler(binary, host)¶