Glance Contribution Guidelines¶
In the Contributions Guide, you will find documented policies for developing with Glance. This includes the processes we use for blueprints and specs, bugs, contributor onboarding, core reviewer memberships, and other procedural items.
Glance, as with all OpenStack projects, is written with the following design guidelines in mind:
- Component based architecture: Quickly add new behaviors
- Highly available: Scale to very serious workloads
- Fault tolerant: Isolated processes avoid cascading failures
- Recoverable: Failures should be easy to diagnose, debug, and rectify
- Open standards: Be a reference implementation for a community-driven api
This documentation is generated by the Sphinx toolkit and lives in the source tree. Additional documentation on Glance and other components of OpenStack can be found on the OpenStack wiki.
- Blueprints and Specs
- Disallowed Minor Code Changes
- Guideline On Refreshing Configuration Files Under etc/
- When To Refresh The Sample Configuration Files