Glance scrub service¶
|Manual group:||cloud computing|
glance-scrubber is a utility that cleans up images that have been deleted. The mechanics of this differ depending on the backend store and pending_deletion options chosen.
Multiple glance-scrubbers can be run in a single deployment, but only one of them may be designated as the ‘cleanup_scrubber’ in the glance-scrubber.conf file. The ‘cleanup_scrubber’ coordinates other glance-scrubbers by maintaining the master queue of images that need to be removed.
The glance-scubber.conf file also specifies important configuration items such as the time between runs (‘wakeup_time’ in seconds), length of time images can be pending before their deletion (‘cleanup_scrubber_time’ in seconds) as well as registry connectivity options.
glance-scrubber can run as a periodic job or long-running daemon.
- -h, –help
- Show the help message and exit
- Print the version number and exit
- -v, –verbose
- Print more verbose output
- Disable verbose output
- -d, –debug
- Print debugging output (set logging level to DEBUG instead of default WARNING level)
- Disable debugging output
- Use syslog for logging
- Disable the use of syslog for logging
- –syslog-log-facility SYSLOG_LOG_FACILITY
- syslog facility to receive log lines
- –config-dir DIR
- Path to a config directory to pull *.conf files from. This file set is sorted, to provide a predictable parse order if individual options are over-ridden. The set is parsed after the file(s) specified via previous –config-file, arguments hence over-ridden options in the directory take precedence. This means that configuration from files in a specified config-dir will always take precedence over configuration from files specified by –config-file, regardless to argument order.
- –config-file PATH
- Path to a config file to use. Multiple config files can be specified by using this flag multiple times, for example, –config-file <file1> –config-file <file2>. Values in latter files take precedence.
- –log-config-append PATH –log-config PATH
- The name of logging configuration file. It does not disable existing loggers, but just appends specified logging configuration to any other existing logging options. Please see the Python logging module documentation for details on logging configuration files. The log-config name for this option is deprecated.
- –log-format FORMAT
- A logging.Formatter log message format string which may use any of the available logging.LogRecord attributes. Default: None
- –log-date-format DATE_FORMAT
- Format string for %(asctime)s in log records. Default: None
- –log-file PATH, –logfile PATH
- (Optional) Name of log file to output to. If not set, logging will go to stdout.
- –log-dir LOG_DIR, –logdir LOG_DIR
- (Optional) The directory to keep log files in (will be prepended to –log-file)
- -D, –daemon
- Run as a long-running process. When not specified (the default) run the scrub operation once and then exits. When specified do not exit and run scrub on wakeup_time interval as specified in the config.
- The inverse of –daemon. Runs the scrub operation once and then exits. This is the default.
- Default configuration file for the Glance Scrubber