Here’s a quick list of various to-do items for each hour, day, week,
month, and year. Please note that these tasks are neither required nor
definitive but helpful ideas:
- Check your monitoring system for alerts and act on them.
- Check your ticket queue for new tickets.
- Check for instances in a failed or weird state and investigate why.
- Check for security patches and apply them as needed.
- Check cloud usage:
- User quotas
- Disk space
- Image usage
- Large instances
- Network usage (bandwidth and IP usage)
- Verify your alert mechanisms are still working.
- Check usage and trends over the past month.
- Check for user accounts that should be removed.
- Check for operator accounts that should be removed.
- Review usage and trends over the past quarter.
- Prepare any quarterly reports on usage and statistics.
- Review and plan any necessary cloud additions.
- Review and plan any major OpenStack upgrades.
- Upgrade OpenStack.
- Clean up after an OpenStack upgrade (any unused or new services to be