OpenStack Release Cycle
- Open the Releases
section of the Contributor Guide
- Read the material
- Ask the mentors questions
- Get ready to go through the exercises
- How many release models are there?
- Which two models are most OpenStack projects following?
- How long are OpenStack releases ‘Maintained’ by the community?
- What action is done on ‘Maintained’ branches but not branches that are
in ‘Extended Maintenance’?
- Look up the release schedule for the current active and previous OpenStack
release cycles and share the link in the etherpad
- What are the focuses for the three milestones?
- Compare the different deadlines for different project activities that
are on the release schedules
- Why are there different dates for some teams and no dates
- Find the release week for the current release
- Why is there a whole week and not a single day planned?
- Find where the currently released code is posted