Hardening Domains (RHEL 7 STIG)¶
The STIG divides its hardening requirements into severity levels, but the security role divides the requirements into system domains to make them easier to review.
The documentation provided here includes a brief overview of each hardening domain and the STIG requirements that go along with each.
- accounts - User account security controls
- aide - Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment
- auditd - audit daemon
- auth - Authentication
- file_perms - Filesystem permissions
- graphical - Graphical login security controls
- kernel - Kernel parameters
- lsm - Linux Security Modules
- misc - Miscellaneous security controls
- packages - Package managers
- sshd - SSH daemon