Ocata Series Release Notes¶
- Install redis when coordination is set in gnocchi storage. Otherwise metricd will go creazy and throw exceptions.
- The Gnocchi API options host, port and workers are deprecated. These options have been removed in the Gnocchi project so they have no effect whatsoever.
- Remove api-paste configuration as its now moved into the python code. There is no need to explicitly configure it.
- Passes parameter to keystone authtoken define to manage python-memcache package install.
- signing_dir option is now deprecated for removal, the parameter has no effect.
Add hooks for external install & svc management.
- This adds defined anchor points for external modules to hook into the software install, config and service dependency chain. This allows external modules to manage software installation (virtualenv, containers, etc) and service management (pacemaker) without needing rely on resources that may change or be renamed.
- This adds the enable_proxy_headers parsing option which is used by the http_proxy_to_wsgi middleware.
- Default the metricd workers parameter to a safer value. Now defaulted to os_workers will configure this parameter to the maximum value between ‘(<# processors> / 4)’ and ‘2’ without exeeding ‘8’
- Parameters that control the number of spawned child processes for distributing processing have had their default value changed from ::processorcount to ::os_workers.
- removed deprecated gnocchi::api::keystone_user
- removed deprecated gnocchi::api::keystone_password
- removed deprecated gnocchi::api::keystone_tenant
- removed deprecated gnocchi::api::keystone_auth_uri
- removed deprecated gnocchi::api::keystone_identity_uri
- The verbose option was marked to be removed in Ocata, in Newton the option was deprecated.