Shared File Systems¶
The Shared File Systems service (manila) provides a set of services for management of shared file systems in a multi-tenant cloud environment. It is similar to how OpenStack provides block-based storage management through the OpenStack Block Storage service (cinder) project. With the Shared File Systems service, you can create a shared file system and manage its properties, such as visibility, accessibility and usage quotas.
The Shared File Systems service serves the same purpose as Amazon Elastic File System (EFS).
- Network and security models
- Security services
- Share access control
- Share type access control
- Check-Shared-01: Is user/group ownership of config files set to root/manila?
- Check-Shared-02: Are strict permissions set for configuration files?
- Check-Shared-03: Is OpenStack Identity used for authentication?
- Check-Shared-04: Is TLS enabled for authentication?
- Check-Shared-05: Does Shared File Systems contact with Compute over TLS?
- Check-Shared-06: Does Shared File Systems contact with Networking over TLS?
- Check-Shared-07: Does Shared File Systems contact with Block Storage over TLS?
- Check-Shared-08: Is max size for the request body set to default (114688)?