This section describes how to install and configure the dashboard on the controller node.
The only core service required by the dashboard is the Identity service. You can use the dashboard in combination with other services, such as Image service, Compute, and Networking. You can also use the dashboard in environments with stand-alone services such as Object Storage.
This section assumes proper installation, configuration, and operation of the Identity service using the Apache HTTP server and Memcached service.
Installing from Packages¶
- Install and configure for Debian
- Install and configure for openSUSE and SUSE Linux Enterprise
- Install and configure for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS
- Install and configure for Ubuntu
- Verify operation for Debian
- Verify operation for openSUSE and SUSE Linux Enterprise
- Verify operation for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS
- Verify operation for Ubuntu
- Next steps
Installing from Source¶
There are a number of horizon plugins for various useful features. You can get dashboard supports for them by installing corresponding horizon plugins.