Keystone, the OpenStack Identity Service¶
Keystone is an OpenStack service that provides API client authentication, service discovery, and distributed multi-tenant authorization by implementing OpenStack’s Identity API.
This documentation is useful for contributors looking to get involved in our community, developers writing applications on top of OpenStack, and operators administering their own OpenStack deployments.
This section contains general information related to keystone which is relevant to developers, users and operators. For documentation specific to any of these three, please see the subsequent sections.
This section contains the documentation needed for developing keystone.
- Contributor Documentation
- So You Want to Contribute…
- How Can I Help?
- Setting up Keystone
- Identity API v2.0 and v3 History
- Proposing Features
- Working with Release Notes
- Testing Keystone
- Making an API Change
- Authentication Plugins
- Database Migrations
- Identity entity ID management for domain-specific backends
- Translated responses
- Learning Architecture Internals
- Keystone for Other Services
- Developing Keystone Drivers
- Service Catalog Overview
- Technical Vision for Keystone
- Programming Exercises for Interns and New Contributors
This section contains the documentation for end-users of keystone.
This section details information related to keystone management commands.
- Administrator Guides
- Getting Started
- Keystone Configuration
- Keystone Operations
- All about keystone tokens
- Default Roles
- Advanced Keystone Features
- Authentication Mechanisms