Newton Series Release Notes¶
This release has started the migration of our services to a
producer model. This has started by deprecating
designate-pool-manager. We have also added support for new DNS Servers, and added scheduling across pools.
- designate-mdns, designate-agent and designate-api can now bind to multiple host:port pairs via the new “listen” configuration arguments for eacg service.
- Addition of the “attribute” filter for scheduling zones across pools. This can be enabled in the
[service:central]section of the config by adding
attributeto the list of values in the
- An experimental agent backend to support TinyDNS, the DNS resolver from the djbdns tools.
- An experimental agent backend to support Knot DNS 2
designate-producer. This will allow for better scaling across a designate system as we move forward.
- A new recordset api
/v2/recordsetsis exposed with GET method allowed only. The api can be used for retrieving recordsets across all the zones under a tenant. Filtering on certain fields is supported as well.
- All designate services will now report to designate-central when they are running. This is implmented as a heartbeat reporting system. There is also a new API endpoint in the v2 API - $API_BASE/v2/service_status. This will show the list of services running, and when they last reported as running. Currently the “stats” and “capabilities” values will be blank, but will be updated in the future as services implement them.
- This adds the quotas api from /admin to /v2 with some changes. All users can GET /v2/quotas/<project_id> Users with “All-Projects” permission can view other projects (by setting X-Auth-All-Projects:True in the HTTP Headers) Users with “All-Projects” and “set-quotas” can set other projects quotas Moved the API rendering to Designate Object based rendering
- The default port which the designate-agent service listens on has changed from 53 to 5358. This matches the port we have always used in the sample configuration, and the port used in the agent backend class.
- To enable
designate-produceradd a section to your
[service:worker]and add an option
enabled = True. Then stop
designate-zone-manager, and start
- designate-api’s api_host and api_port configuration options have been deprecated, please use the new combined “listen” argument in place of these.
- designate-mdns’s host and port configuration options have been deprecated, please use the new combined “listen” argument in place of these.
- designate-agents’s host and port configuration options have been deprecated, please use the new combined “listen” argument in place of these.
designate-pool-managerare now deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
- V1 API Users can now query v1/quotas/<project_id> for quotas
- Added zone_name in zone trasfer request response. Closed bug#1580014