Ocata Series Release Notes¶
Magnum changes its service scope as Container Infrastructure Management service. Also Magnum-UI change rename service ‘container’ to ‘container-infra’, and container management functions removed. Magnum uses terms ‘cluster’ and ‘cluster template’ instead of ‘bay’ and ‘baymodel’, because the use of new Magnum term of ‘bay’ has caused confusion with users.
Ocata release summary.
Update actions are added for cluster template and cluster. Also, the form maintainability is proceeded by angular-json-schema.
- Support ‘ca-show’. The function of downloading CA from cluster is added.
- Support ‘ca-sign’. The function of signing of certificates to cluster is added.
- Add following options to cluster template creation
- Allow to create cluster template without keypair. Also, allow change or set keypair in cluster creation. Following change in Magnum, also Magnum UI allows this feature.
- Change creation actions to global actions. Cluster Template creation and Cluster creation actions are changed from batchAction to globalAction. This means these actions are callable from other panels.
- Use initAction() instead initScope(). initScope() is deprecated from Horizon in Ocata and will be removed in Queens.
- Use horizon’s common “views” module for Angular. This proceeds independence against Django framework for plugins.
- Reasonable name is set to browser title bar.
- https://review.openstack.org/424984 Added an update action for clusters. https://review.openstack.org/422477 Added update action for cluster templ. https://review.openstack.org/424536 Action for json schema adjusted. https://review.openstack.org/421693 Python 3.5 classifier and venv added. https://review.openstack.org/415321 Improved tracebacks for exceptions. https://review.openstack.org/414810 Adopted horizon views for Angular https://review.openstack.org/408039 Replace mox with mock Added numerous unit tests.
- Update actions are added for cluster template and cluster.
- angular-json-schema library is used for create and update dialog, their forms are integrated into one workflow service. It proceeds maintainability for forms.
- Service is renamed from ‘container’ to ‘container-infra’. Renaming targets are URLs, Angular module name, slugs for panel, etc.
- ‘bay’ and ‘baymodel’ are changed to ‘cluster’ and ‘cluster template’.
- Container panel is removed. According to decision of Magnum that changes service scope, container management functions are removed.
- Fixes issue that there is no way to specify for insecure magnumclient as a result api throws 500 and SSL cert verify errors. ‘insecure’ and ‘ca-cert’ options are added for magnumclient.
- Switch to reno for managing release notes.
- Support for Horizon’s Angular registry service, generic table and detail view, action service.
- We removed the Xstatic packages from requirements, as those are not needed anymore. Horizon includes what it needs.