Ocata Series Release Notes¶
Initial release of the OpenStack Networking service (neutron) integration with Open Virtual Network (OVN), a component of the Open vSwitch project. OVN provides the following features either via native implementation or conventional agents:
- Layer-2 (native OVN implementation)
- Layer-3 (native OVN implementation or conventional layer-3 agent) The native OVN implementation supports distributed routing. However, it currently lacks support for floating IP addresses, NAT, and the metadata proxy.
- DHCP (native OVN implementation or conventional DHCP agent) The native implementation supports distributed DHCP. However, it currently lacks support for IPv6, internal DNS, and metadata proxy.
- Metadata (conventional metadata agent)
- DPDK - Usable with OVS via either the Linux kernel datapath or the DPDK datapath.
- Trunk driver - Driver to back the neutron’s ‘trunk’ service plugin
The initial release also supports the following Networking service API extensions:
Allowed Address Pairs
Auto Allocated Topology Services
DHCP Agent Scheduler**
Distributed Virtual Router*
HA Router extension*
L3 Agent Scheduler*
Multi Provider Network
Network Availability Zone**
Network IP Availability
Neutron external network
Neutron Extra DHCP opts
Neutron Extra Route
Neutron L3 Configurable external gateway mode*
Neutron L3 Router
Quality of Service
Quota management support
Resource revision numbers
Router Availability Zone*
Time Stamp Fields
(*) Only applicable if using the conventional layer-3 agent.
(**) Only applicable if using the conventional DHCP agent.
- OVN native L3 implementation. The native implementation supports distributed routing for east-west traffic and centralized routing for north-south (floatingip and snat) traffic. Also supported is the Neutron L3 Configurable external gateway mode.
- OVN native DHCPv6 implementation. The native implementation supports distributed DHCPv6. Support Neutron IPv6 subnet whose “ipv6_address_mode” attribute is None, “dhcpv6_stateless”, or “dhcpv6_stateful”.
vif_typeconfiguration option is deprecated and will be removed in the next release. The port VIF type is now determined based on the OVN chassis information when the port is bound to a host. [Bug 1606458]
ovsdb_connectionconfiguration option was deprecated in the
Newtonrelease and has now been removed.