Ocata Series Release Notes¶
- Fix dispatcher params to not convert the array into string. This way its compatible with service defaults.
- Replace ceilometer dbsync with upgrade command. dbsync has been deprecated. Also remove the skip gnocchi opts as gnocchi is default now.
- Add new parameter “control_exchange”, the default exchange under which topics are scoped. May be overridden by an exchange name specified in the transport_url option.
- Add new parameter “rpc_response_timeout”, seconds to wait for a response from a call
- Add instance_discovery_method to ceilometer agent compute and polling classes so this option is configurable.
- Passes parameter to keystone authtoken define to manage python-memcache package install.
- When upgrading, ensure that you dont have both the agent compute as well as the polling classes initialized as that would trigger a duplicate declaration. Ceilometer::agent::compute is deprecated and will be removed in pike release.
- The group for libvirt has changed for the polling and compute agent and the module now expects the Debian specific naming conventions which are supplied in libvirt-bin 2.5.0.
- ceilometer::agent::central is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please switch to ceilometer::agent::polling with central namespace.
- signing_dir option is now deprecated for removal, the parameter has no effect.
- ceilometer API has been deprecated in Ocata. Warning the user when ceilometer::api class is loaded.
- The libvirt group name for the polling and compute agents is now ‘libvirt’ on Ubuntu. If trying to use the Ocata module with previous packages, you may run into issues around the group name.
Add hooks for external install & svc management.
- This adds defined anchor points for external modules to hook into the software install, config and service dependency chain. This allows external modules to manage software installation (virtualenv, containers, etc) and service management (pacemaker) without needing rely on resources that may change or be renamed.
- This adds the enable_proxy_headers parsing option which is used by the http_proxy_to_wsgi middleware.
- ceilometer::rabbit_host, ceilometer::rabbit_hosts, ceilometer::rabbit_password, ceilometer::rabbit_port, ceilometer::rabbit_userid and ceilometer::rabbit_virtual_host are deprecated. ceilometer::default_transport_url should be used to configure the messaging backend connection information.
- Fixed documentation for log_dir parameter
- In ocata cycle, ceilometer-dbsync has been removed and ceilometer-upgrade must be used to create or upgrade database schema and gnocchi resource types.
- Parameters that control the number of spawned child processes for distributing processing have had their default value changed from ::processorcount to ::os_workers.
- removed deprecated ceilometer::api::keystone_user
- removed deprecated ceilometer::api::keystone_password
- removed deprecated ceilometer::api::keystone_tenant
- removed deprecated ceilometer::api::auth_uri
- removed deprecated ceilometer::api::identity_uri
- removed deprecated ceilometer::api::memcached_servers
- The verbose option was marked to be removed in Ocata, in Newton the option was deprecated.