Ocata Series Release Notes¶
BGP-based IP VPNs networks are widely used in the industry especially for enterprises. This project aims at supporting inter-connection between L3VPNs and Neutron resources, i.e. Networks, Routers and Ports.
- Add support for BGPVPN Neutron service plugin
- Add new type for BGPVPN Service config
- Add new provider for BGPVPN Service config
- Add spec and unit tests
- Add nova_metadata_insecure option, to allow deployments without valid SSL certificates.
- Removing min_l3_agents_per_router which was deprecated in newton.
nova_admin_*options were deprecated in newton (or earlier) and have been removed for Ocata.
- Add the ability to configure fujitsu_fossw neutron ML2 plugin.
- Add minimize_polling parameter to ovs ml2 agent class.
- Add type and provider to mange rootwrap.conf file mainly to manipulate XenServer connection parameters.
- Adds db_sync_timeout parameter to neutron db sync
- Adds the enable_new_agents config option to the neutron server
- Add support for VPP ML2 driver.
- Passes parameter to keystone authtoken define to manage python-memcache package install.
- mac_generation_retries is deprecated, has no effect and will be removed after Ocata cycle.
- signing_dir option is now deprecated for removal, the parameter has no effect.
- Removed deprecated option external_network_bridge.
- Removed deprecated neutron::agent::lbaas::enable_v1
- Removed deprecated neutron::agent::lbaas::enable_v2
- Add the ability to configure networking-fujitsu ML2 plugin.
- Allow to configure extensions in neutron l3 agent.
- Allow to configure agent_version in fwaas sections.
- Configure fwaas section in neutron.conf.
- neutron::rabbit_host, neutron::rabbit_hosts, neutron::rabbit_password, neutron::rabbit_port, neutron::rabbit_user and neutron::rabbit_virtual_host are deprecated. neutron::default_transport_url should be used instead.
- Neutron modified the way that Agents connect to OVSDB server to configure OVS tap ports, etc by using the OVSDB server URI rather than the ovs-vsctl client. In ODL deployments, OVSDB server is never configured to listen on a port and therefore Neutron Agent configuration fails. This fixes that problem by configuring multiple managers, including a local listener by default on a non-standard port for OVSDB server. This way Neutron Agents are able to talk to OVSDB while OVS is also still connected to ODL.
- removed deprecated neutron::server::keystone_auth_type
- removed deprecated neutron::server::auth_uri
- removed deprecated neutron::server::auth_url
- removed deprecated neutron::server::username
- removed deprecated neutron::server::password
- removed deprecated neutron::server::project_domain_id
- removed deprecated neutron::server::project_domain_name
- removed deprecated neutron::server::project_name
- removed deprecated neutron::server::user_domain_id
- removed deprecated neutron::server::user_domain_name
- removed deprecated neutron::server::region_name
- removed deprecated neutron::server::memcached_servers
- removed deprecated neutron::server::auth_type
- The enable_headers_parsing option was added to the server manifest. This enables the http_proxy_to_wsgi middleware to process SSL-related headers.
- Opendaylight OVS provider_mappings argument now accepts an array type.
- Deprecate the memcache_servers parameter in init.pp since Neutron does not have the memcached_servers configuration in the DEFAULT section in neutron.conf
- Fixed documentation for log_dir parameter
- The package name for nuage neutron plugin changed due to decomposition of vendor plugins from neutron package to per-vendor packages.
- Parameters that control the number of spawned child processes for distributing processing have had their default value changed from ::processorcount to ::os_workers.
- The verbose option was marked to be removed in Ocata, in Newton the option was deprecated.