Ocata Series Release Notes¶
- Add MigrationSshKey to generated passwords. This ssh key-pair is used by nova cold-migration and libvirt live-migration unless TLS is enabled.
5.8.0 is the final release for Ocata. It’s the first release where release notes are added.
- Introduces a new workflow for creating baremetal RAID configuration.
- Add FreeIPA enrollment environment generator.
- Add a new Workflow which can be used to wait for Heat stacks finish with COMPLETE or FAILED.
- CephMdsKey is now a generated Heat parameter.
- Add an new Action which generates environment parameters for configuring fencing.
- Add utility functions for deleting/emptying swift containers.
nova-manage cell_v2 discover_hostswhen any baremetal nodes are registered with the undercloud.
- Adds support for the Jinja2 include statement in tripleo-heat-templates.
- Add a workflow to move a list of baremetal nodes to ‘manage’ state.
- A new Mistral action has been added to create signed temporary URLs. It also sets the required metadata with a random key if not yet existing. This can be used on overcloud nodes to pull and push objects, for example to distribute Swift rings across all nodes.
- Adds support for calling the external TripleO validations from the deployment and introspection workflows. They default to off, and can be enabled by passing ‘True’ to the run_validations parameters of these workflows.
- Fixes bug 1644756 so that flavour matching works as expected with the object-storage role.
- Fixes bug 1649284 by removing extra default Neutron vendor plugins.
- Fixes bug 1640770 by updating the scale down workflow to wait until the stack has reached COMPLETE or FAILED.
- Fixes bug 1651508 by adding the missing MySQL and Memcache packages to the container.
- Fixes bug 1644587 with a new validation step of the plan name to prevent disallowed characters in hostnames.
- Fixes bug 1648781 by passing the Zaqar queue to any sub-workflow executions to allow them to add messages to the queue.
- Fixes bug 1637474 by adding support for initial state to the register_or_update workflow.
- Fixes bug 1614939 by providing feedback to the user if a plan delete fails.
- Fixes bug 1651704 by marking workflows as failed when they send an error messsage.
- Fixes bug 1657461 by adding a workflow to delete a Heat stack.
- Fixes bug 1614928 by adding workflows to support the package update command.
- Add a script that pulls the latest puppet source
- Force qemu to log to a file when containerized
- Add passwords for Congress and Tacker