Welcome to TripleO documentation¶
TripleO is a project aimed at installing, upgrading and operating OpenStack clouds using OpenStack’s own cloud facilities as the foundation - building on Nova, Ironic, Neutron and Heat to automate cloud management at datacenter scale.
- TripleO Introduction
- Environment Setup
- Undercloud Installation
- Basic Deployment (CLI)
- Containers based OpenStack deployment
- Post Deployment
- Migrating Workloads from an existing OpenStack cloud
- Scaling overcloud roles
- Deleting Overcloud Nodes
- Quiescing a Compute Node
- Quiescing a CephStorage Node
- Import/Export of VM Snapshots
- Updating Packages on Overcloud Nodes
- Upgrading to a Next Major Release
- Building a Single Image
- Uploading a Single Image
- Backing up and Restoring your Undercloud
- Feature Configuration
- Configuring Network Isolation
- Configuring Network Isolation in Virtualized Environments
- Deploying with SSL
- TLS everywhere for the overcloud
- Controlling Node Placement and IP Assignment
- Deploying Operational Tools
- Configuring High Availability
- Bare Metal Instances in Overcloud
- Deploying with OVS DPDK Support
- Using Already Deployed Servers
- Security Hardening
- Baremetal Node Configuration
- Backend Configuration
- Custom Configurations
- Mistral API
- Developer Documentation
- How to Contribute
Some steps in the following instructions only apply to certain environments, such as deployments to real baremetal and deployments using Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). These steps are marked as follows:
Step that should only be run when using RHEL
RHEL Portal Registration
Step that should only be run when using RHEL Portal Registration
RHEL Satellite Registration
Step that should only be run when using RHEL Satellite Registration
Step that should only be run when using CentOS
Step that should only be run when deploying to virtual machines
Step that should only be run when deploying Ceph for use by the Overcloud
Step that should only be run when choosing to use some components directly from their git source code repositories instead of packages.
Step that should only be run when choosing to use components from their stable branches rather than using packages/source based on current master.
Step that should only be run when installing from the Mitaka stable branch.
Step that should only be run when installing from the Newton stable branch.
Step that should only be run when installing from the Ocata stable branch.
Step that should only be run when deploying with SSL OpenStack endpoints
Step that should only be run when deploying with SSL and a self-signed certificate.
Steps that will run the pre and post-deployment validations
Any such steps should not be run if the target environment does not match the section marking.