Ocata Series (5.0.0 - 5.0.x) Release Notes
- Exception CalledProcessError is raised when running iptables cmd on start up.
The issue is caused by eventlet bug, see:
The issue affects ironic-inspector only if it manages firewall - configured
manage_firewall = True configuration option.
- Extend the introspection status returned from
GET@/v1/introspection/<Node Id> to contain the
- Add a plugin to parse raw LLDP Basic Management, 802.1, and 802.3 TLVs and store the data in Swift.
- Add an API endpoint for listing introspection statuses. Operators can use
this to get the status for all running or previously run introspection
- Introduce a new configuration option
api_max_limit that defines the
maximum number of items per page when API results are paginated.
- InfiniBand interface discovery is now supported through introspection. The
ironic-inspector will add the client-id to the corresponding ironic port
that represents the InfiniBand interface. The ironic-inspector should be
configured with a list of interfaces
indicate which Ethernet Over InfiniBand Interfaces are used for DHCP.
- Node introspection state is now kept in a dedicated database column. The introspection is now using a finite state machine. The state isn’t exposed to the user yet.
- Adds support for using operators with the root device hints mechanism. The supported operators are
- Looking up nodes during introspection or discovery now supports multiple
attributes matching. For example, two nodes can use the same
and still can be distinguished by MAC addresses.
- Avoid failing introspection on diskless nodes. The node property
== 0 is set in that case.
- Due to the nature of the NodeInfo.state attribute (being updated independently from the rest of the node_info attributes) if a (DB) connection was lost before the Node.state column was updated, Node.finished_at and Node.error columns may not be in sync with the Node.state column.
- Add a new dependency,
- A database migration is required to change some columns from Float to
DateTime type. This may take some time based on the number of introspection
statuses in DB.
- Removed previously deprecated authentication options from “ironic”,
“swift”, and “keystone_authtoken” sections.
- Removed long deprecated support for “discoverd” section in configuration
- The default value for the configuration option
“introspection_delay_drivers” was changed to
.*, which means that by
default “introspection_delay” is now applied to all drivers. Set
“introspection_delay” to 0 to disable the delay.
- Node.state and Node.version_id database columns are introduced.
- The introspection state column defaults to the state
finished unless the introspection error column value on a node row isn’t null, then node state is set to
- Uniqueness of a node
bmc_address isn’t enforced any more.
- The primary key of the
attributes table is relaxed from the
attributes.name, attributes.value column pair to a new column
- The configuration option “log_bmc_address” is deprecated.
- The configuration option “introspection_delay_drivers” is deprecated.
- Change database columns
finished_at to type
DateTime from type Float so that timestamps fit into these columns
- Fix bug where periodic clean up failed with DBDeadlock if introspection
- Ensure the configuration options
clean_up_period are applied to the
periodic_update tasks after the config file is read.
- LLC hook now formats the chassis ID and port ID MAC addresses into Unix format as expected by ironic.
- LLC hook ensures that correct port information is passed to the patch_port function
- LLC hook no longer assumes all inspected ports are added to ironic
- Loopback BMC addresses (useful e.g. with virtualbmc) are no longer used
- Introspection fails on nodes with the same IPMI address but different IPMI
- Default API version is temporary pinned to 1.8 (before deprecating setting
IPMI credentials). It will be reset to the latest version again when
support for setting IPMI credentials is removed.